ENGAGE is a new program designed by Volunteer South West
ENGAGE provides opportunities for new migrants (been in Australia up to 5 years) to experiencing the social, economic and cultural life of an Australian workplace through volunteering.
If you are interested in
- developing employability skills and learning
- improving your prospects of employment and further education
- gaining a local reference/referee for employment applications
- developing your English language skills ‘on the job’
- building confidence and self-esteem
- building a local network
- making new friends in your new community
What is it?
- Based on your skills and interests we match you to a not-for-profit organisation to fill a volunteer work placement
- Minimum 8 weeks (1-2 shifts per week) in a position to gain practical experience in a safe and welcoming environment
- Workplace mentor to support you
- Support with regular check-ins from Volunteer South West
- Reference letter from your Volunteer Manager
Interested in participating?
Send your expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ring us: (08) 9791 3214 or pop in to see our staff: Lotteries House, 99 Victoria St Bunbury, WA 6230
Open Tuesday to Thursday: 9.30am – 2.30pm